For many students in at UIUC, bikes perform an important function – allowing them to more easily and more quickly get from place to place. For this reason, keeping your bike in good shape is of utmost importance. Don’t leave your bike out on some bike rack. Snow, salt, and thieves will destroy it.
We know that it’s a hassle for students to find places to keep their bikes during winter break, especially when living in the dorms. Neutral Bicycle Storage offers students and other C-U community members an easy and safe way to store bicycles while away.
The steps for storing your bike are easy:
- Register online and print receipt.
- Drop your bike off at our location on Fifth and Green.
- Don’t worry about your bike and enjoy the holidays.
- Come back to our shop on the date you selected for bike pick-up.
- Ride away on your bike.
We have two winter storage options that each offer a discount from our normal $25 monthly storage fee. And remember, if you want to extend your bike storage, you can buy extra months of storage online at any time.
- Holiday Special – Don’t have a place to keep your bike this winter break? For just $20, you can drop your bike off in December and we’ll store it through January 18th. This means that for the price of an inexpensive entree and appetizer, you can ensure that when you return to campus you don’t come back to a rusted, wheel-less bike.
- Hibernation Special – Bikes can be useful all times of the year, but if you don’t ride in the winter, you can store your bike safely with Neutral. For $60, we’ll store your bike for three months, enough time for the snow to melt and the temperatures to rise.
If you buy storage with Neutral Cycle, you’ll get a 15% discount on the purchase of any services on your bike. Nothing’s more satisfying than picking up a bike that’s just been freshly tuned-up.
We know that for a lot of students, winter isn’t the only time of the year that they may find bike storage useful. Lots of students don’t have a place to store their bike on campus over the summer, or find it difficult to bring home. Don’t fear! We offer bike storage year-round, so if you need your bike stored at any time, let us know!